Thursday, December 01, 2005

David WIP

Friday, December 2, 2005
This will be a WIP ( Work in Progress) to try and share a working process of how I approach a pastel portrait. I'm working on a warm gray Canson support with NuPastel, Terry Ludwigs, Rembrandt's and Great Americans. My first step is generally to get some cooler tones establish in some abstract shapes and a warmer tone in the area of where the head might be placed. There is no definite drawing established at this stage...just shapes and value. If you have any questions please feel free to drop me a note at Beemanmj@Bresnan.net

WIP "Dave"
Pastel
11"x14"

1 Comments:

Blogger L. A. Stern said...

Hi Mike, I am an artist in the DC Metro area and just recently entered the blogosphere. I've been looking at different sites and I really like yours. I haven't worked in pastel (I'm working in arylic glazes) but I really appreciate the medium. I love the "Lilacs" and I am looking forward to following the progress of this portrait! Thanks for sharing the process.

Cheers,
Linda
(my blog is: http://viewsfromtheeasel.blogspot.com/)

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home