Sunday, March 29, 2009

Gold Splendor

Sunday, March 29th, 2009
I had started this yesterday as a demonstration in my pastel class. I wanted to show the effects of doing a light application of NuPastel and water (ended up being my coffee) on Wallis paper as an undertone or foundation for your painting and building up with layers of soft pastel...students really did some exceptional paintings using this approach.

Sold
"Gold Splendor"
5" x 7"
Pastel on Wallis Paper
Using the Quick Pose to Create Character Portraits
Loveland Art AcademyMay 2 - 3, 2009
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Medium: Pastels / Oils
Level: Beg - Adv
Tuition: $200 + $18 model fee
Contact:Lynn Wrigley, Director
Email:

5 Comments:

Blogger Ramesh Jhawar said...

This is a beautiful painting,Mike!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Doris Glovier said...

Beautiful pastels Mike! I had no idea you were a pastelist. Wonderful work!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Deborah Secor said...

Wait, Mike--Nupastel and your coffee? Is this a new kind of underpainting--a stain? What? :)

4:12 PM  
Blogger Daily Paintings said...

Hi Deb
It was more of a matter of convience …the coffee was there, my brush in my hand and it seemed to be the right thing to do at the moment. My biggest worry is trying to remember not to drink the coffee when I’m done
Mike

6:07 PM  
Blogger Rhonda Hurwitz said...

great little painting. love the colors and painterly quality of it!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home